Me in Matera, Italy

Monday 4 April 2011

Sun Shine

Today as I was driving home from a fairly crappy day at work, I was desperately seeking something good for my blog today but the sun kept getting in my eyes.  That's when I realized that something good was getting in the way of me trying to see something good.

One of the blessings of Alberta is the the blue sky and the bright shining sun that can cheer me up even on the coldest of days.  I spend a lot of time looking at the sky when I'm on vacation but in my day-to-day life I don't spend enough time enjoying it's beauty.

Many days I don't even notice the weather or what's going on around me.  I'm too distracted by what has happened or preoccupied with what will happen to notice what is happening.  Is that ironic? 

How many times have I been so disconnected that I don't see what I'm looking for even though it's right in front of me.  Being "present" is something I am working on but it takes practice: pay attention to this moment, take in the sights, smells, sensations and breathe.  

Today I am thankful for the beautiful clear blue sky and the I am happy to see the sun shining so brightly.  It reminds me that spring is on its way, a season of new beginnings that I am looking forward to.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment