Me in Matera, Italy

Saturday 2 April 2011

To Do: Find Something Good in Every Day

Yesterday, on April Fools Day, I was having a bit of a pity party thinking about how my life was a series of unfortunate events.  Maybe it's a cosmic joke of some sort OR maybe I'm just a fool who doesn't uncover the good in life.

Today as I was driving across the bridge and marveling the beauty of the cityscape, I decided it was time to embark upon a mission.  Instead of dwelling on the difficulties in the day-to-day minutia, I'm going to find something, just one thing each day that is good and I'm going to photograph and blog about it.  I am certain that I do not understand the purpose of life, the needless suffering of mankind or really any of the "whys" but perhaps the pursuit of meaning or answers is causing me to feel in a perpetual state of unrest and dissatisfaction.

The definition of insanity is said to be "doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results".  So I plan to stop the insanity, my search for understanding and instead change my focus and search for moments of joy, instances of beauty and goodness in this world we live in.

My life does feel like a cruel joke of some sort but I'm going to see if I can stop foolishly wasting it and start enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment